Blog feedback and Learner Response

WWW: You are 100% up-to-date with the work so far which is quite important at this stage of the course. We set a lot of work in A Level Media and you have already been able to step up to the demands and show an impressive level of organisation and dedication to this subject. I enjoyed your Semiotics blog post because of the examples you provided. Overall a great start to Media!


EBI: In terms of areas to improve, I would look at the depth and insight of your analysis. For example, on the Reception theory work, I think you could offer a wider range of possible connotations, in particular for the oppositional readings. Other than this, I’d actually highlight your Media consumption audit as a critical area to focus on. It’s vital that you start reading newspapers and engaging with a wider range of media. Podcasts, following journalists or newspapers on Twitter and perhaps looking at magazine brands online – whatever you can add to your weekly routine will help you become a better Media student.


What is your strongest piece of work? 
My strongest piece of work may be semiotics because of the examples I gave.

What is your weakest? 
My weakest blogs are Migrain: Reception theory and Migrain:Reading an image because I believe I can create a deeper analysis for each of the posters and I can add more details if I spend more time on that work. Furthermore for the analysis I could next time answer the different questions so it can be more in depth.

What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course?
I definitely need to develop my analytical skills and may be i could do this by revising over the terms we have learnt or I can consume a more variety of media so it is easier to understand it for example in my weekly routine I can add different podcast, magazines and newspaper to read/hear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video games - exam style question

Feminist theory

Advertising: The representation of women in advertising