Media Consumption

Newspapers
I don't read any newspapers therefore I'd like to maybe download BBC news app and update myself with the current affairs.
  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
  • What sections do you never read, and why?
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?

Magazines
I don't usually read magazines unless the Ealing magazines which I believe is sent to houses every month although now i would like to check out more new magazines and see which sparks my interest.
  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why
  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?

Television
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
  • Around 4 - 5 hours
  • What times of day do you usually watch television?
  • In the evening most of the times
  • What programmes do you like best and why?
  • I like BBC because they offer quite interesting documentaries of many subjects.
  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?
  • I usually watch alone
  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)
  • I use my laptop to watch TV shows since they are not accessible on TV

Radio
I've never really listened to radio or podcast although I do love the idea of podcast and want to research on different types of podcast I could hear which will interesting for me. I'd also like to check out more radio channels like the BBC radio in my spare time.


  • Do you listen to the radio?
  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
  • Do you listen to podcasts?
  • If yes, what podcasts have you listened to recently?
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to podcasts or radio?
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to podcasts or radio?
  • Where do you listen to podcast or radio?
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening?
  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio or podcasts? If so, when do they listen?

Film
  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
  • I haven't watch any movies in cinema in the last month but I did watch Kong skull island in cinema many months ago and the way the movie was produced and edited was amazing.
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
  • I've watched Inception and The Lion King at home
  • Who else watched the films with you?
  • I watched them alone
  • Who decided what films to watch?
  • Me
  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
  • I usually use my phone or laptop unless there is a movie coming up on TV. 

Online
  • How often do you access the internet?
  • Everyday
  • Where do you access the internet?  At home, at college or school, or at work?
  • I access the internet at home. Sometimes at school when I have to do revision or homework in LRA
  • What are the main sites that you access?
  • Social Media or YouTube at home. For school work I use google classroom. 
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
  • For entertainment and communication with friends
  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
  • My prime devise is my phone but I also use the computer regularly if i need to use a software
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?
  • I usually use Whatsapp, Instagram and YouTube to for either entertainment of communication with my friends. Sometimes I use twitter to see what would be trending right now.
            


Reflection
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
  • Id definitely need to watch more movies and check out what kind of podcast there are. I also would like to read some more news after school. 
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
  • I'd like to use more types of media like the radio, newspaper, magazines and podcast and I'd like to watch more shows every week 
  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously.
  • Newspaper
  • Podcast/ radio shows
  • Movies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video games - exam style question

Feminist theory

Advertising: The representation of women in advertising